Monday, December 20, 2010

Gonzales: The Origin

Yus Gonzales. Some of my friends wonder where the name Gonzales came from. That is the main question that I would like to answer in this entry. Well, to tell you the truth, just like you, I also keep wondering where the hell it came from. LOL!! But after some hard work (a really hard one, trust me) I finally got the answers. It is all coming back to my mind now. My mind is clearer than ever. It’s like somebody put a damn spotlight in my head.

At the beginning of my ultimate investigation, I didn’t know where to start. It seems like this mystery doesn’t even gave a damn clue. Not even a tiny bit of it. I’m starting to lose my confidence and every part of my human body felt the wrath of laziness. Hahaha. Eventually I had pushed all of my strengths and my genius brain finally got a brilliant idea. I tried my luck by Googling it and for the first time in my life, I finally knew the meaning of Gonzales. It turns out that it means 'the son of Gonzalo' and it is a common Spanish surname. Now hold yourself there cowboy. Let me make myself clear. I’m not from Spain even though my face is like the Spanish people (LOLWTF?!) and I’m not the son of Gonzalo. So does it makes me Yus Fauzoles because I’m the son of Fauzi bin Hussin? Maybe… Hehe. Surprisingly, there’s also a city called Gonzales located in Monterey County in California, United States. I’m 100% positive that the city is named after me to honor me. Hahaha.


Come to think of it, I used the name Yus Gonzales in a chemistry assignment as my “glamour name” when I’m in form 5 (as you can see in the picture above). As the typist at that time, Fauzan or Puje would like to make our group members information more outstanding than other groups. He thought that making our name to be like a footballer name will impress Cikgu Yusoff thus giving us lots of marks. He even stated that our favourite teacher is Cikgu Yusoff. Hahaha.

But the true origin of the name came from the Play Station 1 game called Winning Eleven which is a football game. Puje used to come to my house everyday and played the damn PS1. So, he created a team of football featuring his friends including me in the game. At that time, I had to come up with a really good name and Yus Gonzales was the best that I came up with. Do you expect me to use Yus Beckham? No! It doesn’t fit my beautiful name and let’s face it. Beckham is not as handsome as me. Hahaha.

So that is the true origin of the name Yus Gonzales I guess. Maybe after this, if someone ever asks me again where the hell Gonzales came from, I’ll write a link of this blog entry on their forehead. Hahahaha! Until then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment